Here’s to making your lives easier with our new Dashboard!
Getting your staff to complete their compliance training can be difficult, which is why, with our new Dashboard, you can empower your managers to do the following up for you.
Bigger and better than before. Say hello to your new Dashboard!
We’ve been working hard to bring you a manager-friendly Dashboard in the Learnforce portal – one that is a standalone feature, separate from the Home page. When redesigning the Dashboard, we focused on what Direct Managers would need to keep on top of their team’s training. We knew we needed to find a way to:
- make it easy for them to see which of their team members had learning activities that were overdue or almost due for completion.
- enable them to follow up with those team members about their training requirements.
- provide them with the ability to report on their team’s training.
This feature allows them to view and run reports on the status of their team’s training via the Dashboard without giving them access to the Reporting product.
Site Administrators also have access to the new Dashboard; they can use it to see the training requirements for the whole site. In the future, we will look at giving the Dashboard more Site Administrator focused features, such as the ability to delegate training follow-ups, filtering by group, and allowing them to assign custom roles with Dashboard-managerial access. In the meantime, they can access the Reporting product for their additional reporting needs.
To use the Dashboard feature as a Direct Manager, you need at least one direct report. Your Site and Learning Management administrators can assign you as a Direct Manager of an account via the Learning Management System. This article explains how - An account's Direct Manager and Direct Reports.
The new Dashboard page is enabled on your site as part of this release. This release does not affect your Home page. Please see the Configuration section below if you would like to learn more.
We revamped the Dashboard to make it pop, sparkle, and shine – by providing your Direct Managers with a designated place to manage the training progress of their team. The redesigned Dashboard consists of the following features:
- a space where Direct Managers can remain up to date with their team’s training requirements with:
- filter options that let you control which results display on the page.
- the ability to export your team’s training information into a CSV file.
- the power to send a training reminder email to your team members directly from the Dashboard. As Yoda once said, ‘You must complete the training!’
- an overall visual of your team’s training requirements. The Direct Manager can see the name of the account, the title of the course, the objective number, the type of course it is, the due date, how many days the course is overdue (if applicable), and the status of the course for that account (in progress, not started, or completed). Direct Managers can also click on the name of the account or objective and the system will navigate them to the relevant spot in the Learning Management System (LMS).
- a training hub so that general users can easily see and access their training; this includes keeping the Welcome banner and the Your learning progress sections as they show the user’s login details and their most urgent training requirements.
To incorporate the requirements of the new portal Dashboard, the following areas of Configuration were also updated:
- Successful Login Redirect
You can use the new Dashboard setting to direct your users to the Dashboard page when they log in to the Learnforce portal. If you already have the dashboard enabled, this will be enabled for you. You can find this setting here:
- Configuration > Site Settings > open the Access & Security folder > select the Login Sessions option > go to the Successful Login Redirect field > select Dashboard from the dropdown.
- Portal Menu Item
A new, independent portal menu item called Dashboard allows the Dashboard page to appear in the portal (this page is independent of the Home page). Previously, the information within the old Dashboard replaced the Home page. This new setting allows you to have both pages.
The Dashboard portal menu item is enabled by default. You can view, edit, or disable this option via:
- Configuration > Products > open the Portal folder > select Main Menu > view the Dashboard label. You can use the ellipsis to edit or disable this label.
- Dashboard General Setting
We’ve removed a setting that controlled whether the Dashboard appeared in the portal; that option is now controlled by the Dashboard Portal menu item (mentioned above). The old General setting was situated here:
- Configuration > Products > Portal folder > General > Dashboard toggle (this toggle has been removed).
Your team’s learning progress
To help you maintain your team’s training, the Your team’s learning progress section is divided into the following areas and features:
- Filter options – allows you to filter your results by category, learning activity, and/or account.
To make sure that any manager with a basic level of administration access or above has access to this feature, you cannot currently filter by group. Group filtering may be available in a future release.
- Training Approaching Deadline – shows how many of your team’s learning activities are either due soon or overdue.
- All Training Summary – shows how many of your team’s learning activities have been completed or are incomplete.
Tabs - allow you to switch between learning activity statuses, which are: Dues Soon, Overdue, Incomplete, and Complete.
- Due Soon – you can click on the Due Soon tab or its link in the Training Approaching Deadline box to see a list of accounts that have training that is due soon. Underneath the account name is a list of the courses that are encroaching for that account.
A learning activity that is due soon is one with a due date that is within the next 14 days.
- Overdue – this tab displays by default when anyone in the Direct Manager’s team has one or more overdue courses. You can click on the Overdue tab or its link in the Training Approaching Deadline box to see a list of accounts that have training that is past due. Underneath the account name is a list of the courses that are overdue for that account.
A learning activity that is overdue is one with a due date that is in the past.
- Complete – you can click on the Complete tab or its link in the All Training Summary box to see a list of accounts that have training that has been completed. Underneath the account name is a list of the courses that have been completed for that account.
- Incomplete – you can click on the Incomplete tab or its link in the All Training Summary box to see a list of accounts that have learning activities that are not yet completed. Underneath the account name is a list of the courses that are incomplete for that account.
A learning activity that is incomplete is one that has not been started or one that has been started by the learner but is not finished.
- Alphabet selector – provides you with an All button and every letter of the English alphabet to help you find the training progress for a particular account.
- Results – allow you to see the name of the account, the name of the course/objective, the type of course it is, the due date, how many days the course is overdue (if applicable), and the status of the course for that account (in progress, not started, or completed).
- Page selector – if you have many results, the page shows a page selector (paginator) that allows you to choose which page number displays. You can also use the buttons in the page selector to choose the first, previous, next, and last pages of the results.
- Export CSV – allows you to export a copy of the results into a CSV file to further analyse the data. Click the Export CSV button at the bottom of the page to export your results.
- Send Reminder – enables you to send an email reminder directly from the Dashboard to your team members reminding them to complete their training. Click the Send Reminder button at the bottom of the page to get started.
When using this feature, you can choose which accounts are sent the reminder, and you can add a custom subject line and text before sending the email. Your customisations only apply to that email, they aren’t saved for the next reminder email you send; however, the default message template can be modified if required. Learnforce uses your first and last names (as per your account) as the signatory of any reminder email you send.
Once the email is sent, the system sends a summary email to you as a confirmation. A record of the email is also added to the Audit Log under the Email Log category.
The Training Approaching Deadline and All Training Summary boxes use a different colour to represent each training status. The colour-coding key for these statuses is as follows:
Your learning progress
The Dashboard isn’t just about your team’s training progress, it’s about your progress too! You can access your most pressing courses from the Your learning progress section, these are the top three courses (maximum) that you are enrolled in that are overdue or due soonest. You can access your entire list of training courses by clicking on the My Training menu item* or by clicking the Go to My Training link, which is just below your Training Progress bar. Speaking of which, your Training Progress bar shows you how far you’ve come (percentage-wise) towards completing all your training.
When multiple courses are due on the same day, the page shows them in due date then alphabetical order. An overdue/due in X days tag is shown against the course, along with its due date. Training activities that you have started but not finished have a Resume button that allows you to continue your course, and those you haven’t started have a Start button that launches that course.
If you have no training assigned to your account, a Welcome message appears instead of your learning progress.
The My Training label is customisable for the menu. Your site might refer to this option by a different name. You can see and update this label via:
- Configuration > Products >Portal > Main Menu > the My Training label.
Welcome banner and Dashboard menu item
The Dashboard now contains a Dashboard heading. You can also access the Dashboard page by clicking the Dashboard menu item.