Aged Care Quality Standards Training - Standard 8: Organisational Governance
The Aged Care Quality Standard 8: Organisational Governance course is a new course developed to provide learners with an understanding of the requirements under this Standard.
Aged Care Quality Standard 8: Organisational Governance course focusses on the organisation being responsible for setting strategic priorities and the delivery of quality care and services. Clinical governance is important where clinical care is provided, as there are a range of areas of concern that must be correctly addressed to keep consumers safe.
This course is aimed at leaders, managers and other staff members responsible for the delivery of care and services to consumers receiving residential aged care and home care services.
The goal of this course is to teach learners what is expected of the organisation’s service environment with the introduction of Standard 8: that consumers are confident the organisation is well run and are partners in improving the delivery of care and services.
Government funded aged care providers are expected to comply with each of the Aged Care Quality Standards. The standards reflect the level of care and services the community expects from aged care providers.
Aged care consumers are, above all, individuals in every sense of the word who have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
This course features:
- Animations for each concept
- Activities that promote engagement and behavioural change
- Assessments targeting specific learning outcomes
This course focusses on the following learning outcomes:
- Consumers are engaged in the development, delivery and evaluation of care and services
- The organisation’s governing body promotes a culture of safe, inclusive and quality care and services
- The organisation has effective governance systems related to: information management, continuous improvement, financial governance, workforce governance, regulatory compliance and feedback and complaints
- The organisation has effective risk management systems and practices, including: management of high impact or high prevalence risks associated with the care of consumers, identifying and responding to abuse and neglect of consumers, and supporting consumers to live the best life they can, and
- Where clinical care is provided, a clinical governance framework should be in place, that includes: antimicrobial stewardship, minimising the use of restraint, and open disclosure.
This course has been reviewed by Frontline Care Solutions.
Duration: 20 minutes
Unit ID – 29893