Aged Care Quality Standards Training - Standard 5: Organisation’s Service Environment
The Aged Care Quality Standard 5: Organisation’s Service Environment course is a new online training course developed to provide learners with an understanding of the requirements under this Standard.
Standard 5: Organisation’s Service Environment focusses on the physical environment that organisations provide their consumers. Environments must be clean, comfortable, safe and well-maintained. It must support the consumer’s quality of life, as well as their independence. These expectations do not apply to organisations that provide care in the consumer’s home or facilities they may visit.
This course is aimed at leaders, managers and other staff members responsible for the delivery of care and services to consumers receiving residential aged care and home care services.
The goal of this course is to teach learners what Standard 5 means for consumers: that they must feel like they belong, and they are safe and comfortable in the organisation’s service environment.
Government funded aged care providers are expected to comply with each of the Aged Care Quality Standards. The standards reflect the level of care and services the community expects from aged care providers.
Aged care consumers are, above all, individuals in every sense of the word who have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
This course features:
- Animations for each concept
- Activities that promote engagement and behavioural change
- Assessments targeting specific learning outcomes
This course focusses on the following learning outcomes:
- The service environment is welcoming and easy to understand and optimises each consumer’s sense of belonging, independence, interaction and function
- The service environment is safe, clean, well maintained and comfortable, and enables consumers to move freely, and
- Furniture, fittings and equipment are safe, clean, well maintained and suitable for the consumer.
This course has been reviewed by Frontline Care Solutions.
Duration: 15 minutes
Unit ID – 29890