Aged Care Quality Standards Training - Standard 6: Feedback and complaints
The Aged Care Quality Standard 6: Feedback and complaints course is a new online training course developed to provide learners with an understanding of the requirements under this Standard.
Aged Care Quality Standard 6: Feedback and complaints focusses on the need for an organisation to have a complaints resolutions system in place that is confidential, accessible, fair and timely for all consumers. The resolution process should lead to outcomes that benefit the consumer and improve the relationship between the consumer and the organisation. Consumers should be encouraged to provide both positive and negative feedback and be responded to in formal and informal means.
This course is aimed at leaders, managers and other staff members responsible for the delivery of care and services to consumers receiving residential aged care and home care services.
The goal of this course is to teach learners what is expected of the organisation’s service environment with the introduction of Standard 6: that consumers feel safe, and they are encouraged and supported to give feedback and make complaints. They must be engaged in processes to address their feedback and complaints, and appropriate action is taken regarding their feedback and complaints.
Government funded aged care providers are expected to comply with each of the Aged Care Quality Standards. The standards reflect the level of care and services the community expects from aged care providers.
Aged care consumers are, above all, individuals in every sense of the word who have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
This course features:
- Animations for each concept
- Activities that promote engagement and behavioural change
- Assessments targeting specific learning outcomes
This course focusses on the following learning outcomes:
- Consumers and the people around them are encouraged and supported to provide feedback and make complaints
- Consumers are made aware of and have access to advocates, language services and other methods for raising and resolving complaints
- Appropriate action is taken in response to complaints and an open disclosure process is used when things go wrong, and
- Feedback and complaints are reviewed and used to improve the quality of care and services.
This course has been reviewed by Frontline Care Solutions.
Duration: 25 minutes
Unit ID – 29891