Aged Care Quality Standards Training - Standard 3: Personal Care and Clinical Care
The Aged Care Quality Standard 3: Personal Care and Clinical Care course is a new course developed to provide learners with an understanding of the requirements under this Standard.
Standard 3: Personal Care and Clinical Care focusses on the expectations that the community and consumers have regarding the safe, effective and quality delivery of personal and clinical care and is aimed at leaders, managers and other staff members responsible for the delivery of care and services to consumers receiving residential aged care and home care services.
The goal of this course is to teach learners the importance of what Standard 3 means for consumers: That they get personal care, clinical care, or both, that is safe and right for them as an individual.
Government funded aged care providers are expected to comply with each of the Aged Care Quality Standards. The standards reflect the level of care and services the community expects from aged care providers.
Aged care consumers are, above all, individuals in every sense of the word who have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
This course features:
- Animations for each concept
- Activities that promote engagement and behavioural change
- Assessments targeting specific learning outcomes
This course focusses on the following learning outcomes:
- Each consumer gets safe and effective personal care, clinical care (or both) that is best practice, tailored to their needs and optimises their health and well-being
- Effective management of high impact or high prevalence risks
- The needs, goals and preferences of consumers nearing the end of life are recognised and addressed
- Deterioration or change in a consumer’s mental health or cognitive or physical function is recognised and responded to
- Information about conditions, needs and preferences is documented and communicated
- Referrals are appropriate and timely, and
- Infection related risks are minimised by implementing standard and transmission-based precautions to prevent and promoting appropriate antibiotic prescription and use.
This course has been reviewed by Frontline Care Solutions.
Duration: 40 minutes
Unit ID – 29888